Friday, June 24, 2011

Which deity to turn to?

Here's a re-post from June 6th 2010.

Another Pagan did comment on my original post saying that it isn't that simple for her, and that in her experience the gods can get jealous of each other. That hasn't been my experience (well, mostly not...), but maybe we're working with different gods.

...

I've been busy with school stuff so I haven't really done much as yet about Pagan Values Month. But, I'm finally at my computer and in a blogging mood! :)

I was wondering what kind of things I should write about, and then I remembered a few years ago in an English class when we were studying old mythology. One of my classmates said "All these gods, it's crazy. How do you figure out who to pray to?" I didn't say anything at the time, but I decided to answer it now, by asking a few questions:


When your faucet is leaking, who do you go to for help? The plumber.

If you want help with selling your house, who do you go to? The real estate people.

If you want piano lessons, what do you do? You find a piano teacher.


I think you get the idea. Different deities have different specialties, so who you pray to depends on what your situation is or what you need help with.

No comments: