Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Bad update on dad

As I mentioned before dad had surgery today for some particularly bad kidney stones. It was a minor surgery, and he was sent back home a few hours afterwards.

He got back home...oh, I guess about 5pm. Or maybe 4pm. That's about 4 or 5 hours ago. But just over 1 hour ago mom had to take him to urgent care because dad started having trouble. I guess you might call it a complication from the surgery.

Prayers and good vibes would be appreciated! I expect he'll be fine, though.

I guess this is the first real emergency he's had since I started blogging, oh, about a two and a half years ago. But from prior experiences I got used to dad being rushed to ER due to various problems, and then I'm used to him always being in pain because of post-polio.

There was the time he fell down the stairs because (I think) he leg gave way. That would be post-polio syndrome related, if I remember correctly the reason for the fall. He wound up going to ER for that one.

A year or so later he had a stroke and didn't call 911. 911 didn't get called until mom and I got home (perhaps an hour after it happened) and mom realized what was going on. Matt had been home the whole time, but dad hid what was going on from him. (And yes, every minute counts when you've had a stroke -- 911 should be called IMMEDIATELY.)

Then there was the time that a cut on his foot got infected, which is bad because he's diabetic...

I guess that I've just gotten used to it. I mean, it's not like I don't worry, but...I'm just used to it, so I'm not as excitable as I was before. If that makes sense. I'm used to things happening, and he pulls through.

And now I'm rambling.

Anyways, thoughts and prayers would be appreciated.

UPDATE at 11:44pm: Dad's home, and is ok for the moment. He'll see his doctor tomorrow.

3 comments:

Magaly Guerrero said...

Glad Dad is doing okay! I pray the recovery period goes well and painless.

Hugs to you.

Doctors Experts said...

Ohh!!! it's really glad experience of me after reading blog. I hope god will gives you everything what you want.

- Bladder cancer

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I hope that's the only bump in his road to recovery! Best wishes and good vibes to him!