Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Cleaning

Last night I had a sudden urge to go through my junk and get rid of some stuff. This urge came at about 10:30pm, but I get the urge so rarely that I decided to act on it.

And now my room is a mess.

Isn't it funny how, in going through junk to make things tidier and better, you make a mess? It's sort of aggravating since my room was pretty tidy to begin with. So basically I've taken my tidy room and turned it into a mess.

Whoopee.

And yet, it seems to me that things need to get stirred up about every six months. Otherwise energy settles into the corners and just sits there, and somehow that's not something I really like. Maybe I need a besom. :)

Oh yes...

I'm gathering tid bits of my junk, things like show tickets and notes from Girl Scout day camps -- things that have good memories attached to them and that make me smile. I've had them strewn throughout boxes, but I am going to finally put them together into a scrap book. I've never done scrap booking, and what I put together won't be anything fancy, but at least everything will all be in one place nice and tidy. Or relatively nice and tidy, anyways.

4 comments:

Judy said...

Once you get them all into the scrapbook, you'll be happy you did...

Sarita Rucker said...

I am definitely happy to have gotten into it. :)

Sunshineshelle said...

Great Idea scrapbooking, I always get so distracted on those rare cleaning occasions I usually just shove everything back in the wardrobe or in neat piled stacks in corners (whoops)

Magaly Guerrero said...

Hot damn, now my scrap book and all the things that should be in it are glaring at me. Guess I'll have to use some of my off school time to get it together. And my ACEO collection is not looking too happy either. See what you started?