Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Misadventures with cooking

"Brighid, please," I detected a whining note in my voice but I couldn't be bothered to remove it. "You're a goddess of the hearth, which encompasses cooking. And you're a goddess of fire, which is also relevant to the current situation." True, there was no fire, but there was smoke. And smoke comes from fire, right? "Please..." I don't even know what I was asking for.

Maybe I was asking for the burnt rice to disappear and for the smoke to miraculously vanish.

My first time doing real cooking while house sitting and I freak the cats out by burning the food and making the smoke detector go off.

The cats are currently in the garage, which is smoke free, and I'm airing out the house. They aren't holding a grudge against me after the smoke detector, which is a relief. I ate my dinner (what wasn't burnt, anyways) sitting on the garage floor to keep them company. I figured I owed it to them.

On the upside, at least I didn't catch a pan of boiling spaghetti on fire, like my mom once did.

Now I suppose I should head back to the kitchen and deal with the ruined rice.

*sigh*

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Yeah, those cats are probably wondering what the HELL they're getting into, LOL!