Saturday, July 30, 2011

Rats! :)

Well, I just thought I would share photos of my rat cage...




As you can see Kokopelle was checking things out for himself. :) There are just three more things I need:

1) Something to hold the water bottle properly in the cage -- it can't just keep lying on top!
2) Food, which I'll get when I actually get rats -- I don't want to get food now and then let it start to age while I wait to get rats.
3) Rats!


I suppose I could go out to a pet store and buy their rats today. I've done that before, and wound up with really great pets. This time, though, I want to get rats through a breeder, and that means waiting until rats from a litter are available for adoption.

EDIT on 8/1/11: I should mention that I heard back from the breeder, and it turns out that glass cages don't have proper ventilation for rats. I wish I had known that years ago! So I'm going to the pet store this evening to get a wire cage.

3 comments:

Magaly Guerrero said...

It seems that Kokopelle is ready to babysit, or something lol

Sarita Rucker said...

I'm sure Kokopelle would be happy to "play" with them once I get them! lol

Oh another thing I need to do...

4) Get a vet for the rats.

I think that's done, though, since I found out this morning that a vet at the place we take our cats also does rats. :)

Magaly Guerrero said...

I can feel the exciting in your words, and it gets me excited too!