Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Scary -- DC40

“A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” — John 13:34-35
If only all Christians would follow Christ's teachings.

Yesterday I learned about DC40 and looked around their website: http://www.dc40.net/. They will spend 51 days praying and fasting for our country to get back on the right track. Unfortunately, to them this means that every religion they disagree with needs to be stamped out. Oh, and they've renamed the District of Columbia the District of Christ because Columbia is a Pagan goddess and therefore evil.

I have no problem with Christ. He's a god that I love, and I think that many of his followers are great people. HOWEVER, I do object to renaming DC because it contains the name of an "evil" goddess. And as for the "siege" (their words) that these people plan to launch on our country?

Other concerned Pagans have said that what they're doing is a magical working, and that because it is done in intolerance and hatred that it is by its nature black magick. I'm not completely sure about that, but I won't argue. DC40 will definitely be spreading bad energy, and I guess that's all that magick is, isn't it? Energy that is being manipulated.

These people are no longer following the Prince of Peace. They've turned Jesus into a God of War. (There was actually a king who once did that once...I can't remember who it was...) I mean, since when does a Prince of Peace lay siege to a country?

If you want to read what other Pagans have written, here is some of what I've read:

Prayer Warriors Plan to Invade DC -- About.com Patty Wigington
**This contains links to other Pagan's responses
Spiritual Warfare Is Essentially Black Magic -- Star Foster
DC40: Darkness Upon Your Doorstep -- Anne Johnson
This Time, It's Personal -- Hecate
**Very very good, and it contains more details

Of course there are many more out there. I just have a limited attention span at the moment (ah, ADHD!) and I can't read them all right now.

Oh yes, and how could I forget? These people have labeled October 31st as Reformation Day.

Although there are many different Pagan paths, most of us regard October 31st, or Samhain, as our most special celebration. How would these people like it if someone declared December 25th to be Day of the Anti-Christ? What they've done is just as bad.

I think I'll end with the same Biblical line that I started with. I guess you could call it a prayer for peace, and understanding, and for people to accept each others differences. And a plea for all those involved in DC40 to pick up their Bible and read it -- and not just the words, but to understand what Jesus was really talking about. I don't speak for Jesus, but I guarantee that he does not approve of what they are doing.
“A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” — John 13:34-35

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Being "Christian" is as tricky as being "Pagan." Both words come with so many bad stereotypes. Radical (for lack of a better word) Christians tend to give a bad name to everyone else of a Christian denomination.

Just throwing that out there.

Sarita Rucker said...

Yep. I agree.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Extremist dickheads are everywhere.