Friday, July 22, 2011

Taking out my bike

I know I haven't been posting much in the last couple weeks. I don't know why not.

Anyways...

The house I'm house sitting is inconveniently located, mass-transit-wise. I can easily walk to the bus, but it's a little further than I really like walking when I'm going someplace. (I'd be happy to walk that distance just for the heck of it when I don't have a place to go, but that's different.) So I decided to bring out my bike!

So I got out my bike, brushed the cobwebs (and one spider) and dusted off of it (literally) and got it fixed up. That is, Tall One fixed it up for me.

I was able to put air in the flat tires myself, but it wouldn't even have occurred to me to check how the gears and breaks were doing. Furthermore, even if it had occurred to me, I would not have had any idea how to tune them up.

(The gears could still do with more of a tune up, but they're in working order now which is all I really cared about.)

After Tall One fixed up my bike I baked him brownies. Oh yes, and I ground up some dried peppermint leaves from our backyard to put into them. :)

And the awesome thing? I didn't even ask him to help me with my bike. :)

3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Whoa! Sounds like your brother is a great guy!

Magaly Guerrero said...

Tall one deserved those brownies! I hope you enjoy your commute now that you added your bike to the mix ;-)

Sarita Rucker said...

The bike is definitely great, and so is my brother. :)