Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Mommy's daydreams

Mom and I went out for coffee at our local McDonald's this morning. After we had got our drinks a conversation like the following ensued, starting with a comment that mom made.

"They have a lot of nice people here. It's too bad their nicest guy had to get married."

"Why is it bad that he married?" I was puzzled.

"Because he would have made a great son in law!"

"...oh." It's not the first time she's fantasized about nice guys she meets being son in laws.

"He had a girlfriend, so I guess it's good that he got married, but just think. He's a dancer, so he's got to be nice. And you would have relatives in another country!"

Every so often she comes up with a guy who she dreams about being her son in law. The first one (that I know of) was a guy at a Girl Scout day camp we attended, and I think his camp name was Doughboy. He was a nice guy. The most recent one (that I know of) obviously works (worked?) at our local McDonald's, and I don't even know his name.

I let mom have her fantasies since I'm not providing any potential son-in-laws for her myself. lol So long as she doesn't foist them on me I won't complain. :)

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Is the woman not satisfied with grandratties?

Sarita Rucker said...

I guess not!