Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Ratties!!!!!!!

I got my ratties today!!!!!!!!!!

I picked them out from the breeder's website, here. (The link is to their litter and probably won't last forever, FYI.) The two I chose are Boo Mortmorkinson and Camille the Chicken. I had planned to stick to those names, but that plan died the moment I laid eyes on them.

So please allow me to introduce you to Beka and Sabine Curlywhiskers! They are named after a Dog (law officer) and a knight (ok, so the knight's surname isn't actually Curlywhiskers...) in Beka Cooper by Tamora Pierce.


I carried them home in a bag, which they promptly peed and pooped in. Typical. I'll have to wash it.

The above photo was taken with my iPhone, but all the others were taken with my handy dandy digital camera.

I got mom to drive me to the pick-up because I didn't want to take them home on the bus. (And that was before I realized I would be bringing them home in my bag!) In return I said that I would buy her a coffee. I think I may owe her two coffees, though, because of traffic and the car overheating such that we had to pull over on the highway!


This seems to be their favorite corner of the new cage.

I know it's not the cage that I shared photos of the other day. It turns out that glass cages don't have proper ventilation so I had to go out and buy a wire cage. It cost twice what the glass one had, but it's also bigger.



This one is Sabine. You can tell because she doesn't have a white tip on her tail. Her whiskers are also slightly more curly than Beka's. And of course her personality is different, but I hardly know them well enough yet to tell them apart behavior-wise.



Yes, I got a little trigger happy. That's the danger of letting me anywhere near a camera! And I have more photos that I haven't shared. ;)



Yes, she is sitting on her sister.


They eventually figured out that they can climb! Those are Tall One's fingers, by the way.


Beka was the first to start climbing the walls.


They even ventured outside their cage. This is Sabine, as I recall.

4 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

What cute little ratty rat rats! The names you chose are much better than the original ones. Welcome, girls! I look forward to reading all about your adventures in the coming weeks.

Sarita Rucker said...

I expect that I will definitely be writing about them in the coming days. :)

Magaly Guerrero said...

Nice to meet you sweet furry ones! You make sure to keep your human super busy, alright? I can't wait to see all the tricks you'll play on her. You are soooooooooo cute!

Sarita Rucker said...

One of them already played a trick on me today. Sabine is the shyer one, and she did such a good job of hiding on my bed that I thought she must have gotten off of it, so I was looking around under my furniture for her.