Saturday, August 20, 2011

She's married!

I went to a wedding this evening. I suppose I could get really sappy about how the bride and I were close when we were young, parted ways, found each other again on Facebook...and I did (get sappy, that is), but then I erased what I wrote.

The bride and I aren't very close anymore, but we were best friends when we were younger.

I'm going to take a leaf from Christopher Paolini's book and just share tidbits from the wedding and reception.

...

I got there WAY early (I took the bus!) and I spent about forty-five minutes wandering and hanging out on the paths at the wedding location. It was a really lovely place, and I had never been there before.

...


I met someone who I took a SciFi class with at Portland Community College. Surprise surprise!

...

I finally understand why people cry at weddings.

...

When the bride greeted me after the wedding she forgot to introduce me to the groom. He had to remind her that we hadn't met. lol

...

Someone complimented me on my lovely five pointed star pendant.

...

That same someone later noticed that the same star symbol was on one of my rings, and asked what it meant. I found myself attempting to explain Paganism briefly, and then trying to figure out how to explain how Paganism "began." But that's about when the dancing started and the questioner found something more interesting to do than talking religion.

...

It is AWESOME to dance with a guy who actually knows how to dance. It would only be more awesome if I also knew how to dance.

Note to self: learn to dance.

...

I caught the bouquet!

Ok, so technically I moved quickly and grabbed it off the floor, even though I wasn't even the person closest to where it landed. But the point is that I did get the bouquet.

...

Someone came up with a new way of asking about my speech disorder that sounds like an accent -- he asked if my parents were born in the United States.

...

Instead of showering the newlyweds with rice, we blew bubbles.

...

The newlyweds are a lovely couple, and I'm sure that they will have a wonderful life together.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Sounds like you had a fun time! Glad you caught (so to speak) the bouquet!