Saturday, September 3, 2011

Let the race begin!

Tall One's bagpipe band will go to Scotland next year to compete at Glasgow Green.

I'm really excited for him, and also a little jealous. I'm of the opinion that I ought to be brought along as a chaperone, but apparently adult bands don't need chaperones. And I couldn't even be the designated driver because I don't drive. And I won't even mention one person's comment that I could come along as the comfort woman...oops, too late! I mentioned it.

But I'm getting sidetracked from my point, which is the race.

As mentioned in a previous post, Tall One and I have discovered the joys of geocaching. (If you're a muggle and don't know what it is, look it up!) Tall One deposited a trackable today, and this trackable's destination is Glasgow Green, Scotland.

The race? To see who can get there first: Tall One, or the trackable.

Tall One hopes that the trackable arrives before him, and that he'll be able to pick it up while over there to bring it home.

Let the race begin!

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Going to Scotland -- that's so exciting! I'd be trying to figure out a way to go along too.

Sarita Rucker said...

Definitely exciting. And I keep complaining that it's just not fair that they don't need a chaperone.