Friday, September 30, 2011

A new look

I liked my old look. But thanks to a link that Magaly shared I discovered that it wasn't the most friendly layout for any readers I might have who are blind, so I decided to change it.

I've managed to keep my Oregon tartan background, but everything else has changed. And most importantly, my blogroll is now at the right side of the screen, instead of of the left.

I admit that I do like the red in my blog. Red is my favorite color and I've now got some of my favorite shades of it right here. Which is pretty awesome!

However...

If anyone knows how I can revert back to my old template but switch the blogroll to the right hand side, OR how to get the scroll/old fashioned look like I had before into this template, I would love to hear it. Really, I would love to use my old template and just move the blogroll, but I don't have the html knowledge to fiddle with it. *wistful sight* Actually if anyone knows how to mess with the hmtl and is willing to do that for me I might be willing to send them a thank you gift of something from my online shop...

The link Magaly shared: http://www.afb.org/Section.asp?SectionID=57&TopicID=167&DocumentID=2757

ps. More changes might occur. Because fall term started back this week and my blog is obviously so much more important than my homework. Right?

pps. I know I'm complaining about losing the old look, but I do want to keep my blog easily accessible for anyone and everyone, and it just takes me a while to get used to new things sometimes. :)

4 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I like the new look and I'm glad you kept a bit of your tartan. I'm afraid html stuff is way beyond me. My blogroll is on the right only because that's where it was on the simple blogger template I chose.

Sarita Rucker said...

Well that works. :)

Magaly Guerrero said...

I like red, hence everything on my blog is read and black. I like this look a lot and I love what you have done with the sidebar.

Um, HTML and I have a love/hate relationship where I pretend to love it and it just hates me back. Yeah, we need counseling or something lol

P.S. Thanks soooo much for thinking about others. I know you've always done that, but still, it feels nice to mention it ;-)

Sarita Rucker said...

Aw, thanks! :)

HMTL and I get along great so long as I stick to simple little things like making the font bold.