Sunday, September 25, 2011

Time to celebrate!!!

There are several things I want to celebrate.



End of DADT

I'm a few days late on this, but better late than never, right? :)

I can't say how glad I am that people of any orientation can serve our country without having to worry about whether they'll be outed and given a dishonorable discharge...for something they don't even have control over: who they fall in love with.




Mabon

The equinox was two days ago, and I did celebrate it, but today was really the first day of fall in Portland. We had rain, wind, clouds... :)


Back to school!

Tall One and I both start back to school tomorrow. Yes, I know it's really late in September. But both our schools just happen to start late. Don't ask me why. :)


Cake!!!

Celebrate by eating some of the cake!!

...ok, so you can pretend like the cake you see is real and that I'm offering you a slice. Use your imagination. :) 

3 comments:

Magaly Guerrero said...

I think I've been doing a little dance for all of these. The first in particular, a few friends of mine got married (2 couples were in the military) and it was such a wonderful experience!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Mmmm, yummy cake!

Sarita Rucker said...

Magaly -- That's wonderful to hear! =) What I forgot to mention in this post was that what I find really amazing is that some people who were discharged because of DADT are returning to the military now. Now THAT is dedication.

Debra -- God to know you like it!