Friday, September 9, 2011

Well that didn't go as planned!

I signed up for fall term classes last week.

I've had this niggling sensation ever since then that I'm taking a psychology class, which is weird because I signed up to take physics, not psych.

Or so I thought.

This morning I got two e-mails from my psych professor about our upcoming classes. (Classes start towards the end of this month, by the way.) I thought it was strange, because why in the world would I get e-mails about a class that I'm not taking? I decided I should e-mail the professor to say that I shouldn't be getting her e-mails, but before doing that I wanted to look at MyMarylhurst online to double check that I was signed up for physics.

Guess what? I'm registered for intro to psych, not physics.

When I realized this I laughed. And laughed. And laughed. I even sent an e-mail to my mom on the topic with the subject "lol".

This mistake must have been due to a typo on my part. After all, there's only one letter difference between PHY and PSY. ...although, it is true that H and S are nowhere near each other on the qwerty keyboard...so that is a rather impressive typo...

After discovering this mistake I did try to switch to the physics class. But guess what? It's full.

I guess I could put myself on the wait list, but wait lists are a nuisance and besides this psych class was already in my MAP (Marylhurst Academic Portfolio) plans, so I was going to take it anyways. Plus, it's online, so it's not like it's at an inconvenient time for me.

Guess what? I'm not taking physics this term. I'm taking psychology. lol

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

You'll probably learn all about Jung and synchronicity, LOL!

Sarita Rucker said...

I don't even know that that is (though the name sounds familiar...) but I'm sure that if it's basic psych then I'll learn about it! :)