Thursday, October 20, 2011

I HAVE A JOB!!!

I have a job I have a job I have a job I HAVE A JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am a canvasser, and I start work immediately.

I've got to admit that I'm slightly amazed. I've been looking for work for so long. Then things didn't go too well yesterday, which was when the interview was supposed to be originally: First I got lost (I was standing outside an apartment building saying "This doesn't look right..."), so we rescheduled, then they canceled the reschedule, and rescheduled again for today. Things just weren't working out at either of our ends.

But we persevered, I finally did interview today, and they hired me.

The fact that I am now employed is still sinking in.

I figure I'll save money for a couple of months and then get my own place over winter break.

Oh my gosh, I'll be able to get my own place soon! My very own place. Then I'll get to start paying bills, buying groceries, buying my own toilet paper, figuring out how to haul heavy kitty litter home without a car...actually that's easy. I just have to find something with wheels.

My dream is to get a two bedroom apartment (I know some of them are inexpensive) and turn the second bedroom into a crafty room, where I do book mending, needlework, spinning yarn, and all that fun stuff.

OMG I HAVE A JOB!!!

As a canvasser I'll definitely get lots of fresh air and plenty of exercise. Which I guess is good compensation for being out in all kinds of weather. :)

DFTBA

4 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Congratulations! Happy news!

Toriz said...

YAY! Congratulations!

Magaly Guerrero said...

CONGRATS! Baby girl!!

Very few understand the empowerment behind being able to buy one's own toilet paper!!!

I pray you get LOTS of fun assignments ;-)

Sunshineshelle said...

Hey Congrats, sounds like it's great too because you get to meet other people (I work from home) well done!