Friday, October 14, 2011

Morrigan Crone of War

For some reason the mood suddenly struck me to share a song honoring the Morrigan by the band Omnia.



I'm not sure why I love this song so much, because the ending isn't exactly the kind of thing I normally like. But I do like it. It's also funny because I don't really think of the Morrigan as a crone, but then again she appears to different people in different guises.

Morrigan is an Irish goddess, and as you may have guessed from the above song she is a goddess of war. She's a great goddess to call on if you need help setting boundaries or if you need to embrace some more of that warrior spirit. Additionally, she's the one who carries the souls of warriors killed in battle from the field.

...and I find that I just have to share a second song that the Morrigan song puts me in mind of. It's one by Heather Alexander. Again, it's totally not my typical style, but for some reason I like it. Oh, and it has BAGPIPES in it!!!

1 comment: