Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Rattie pics

I just wanted to share some photos of the rats.

Beka, hanging onto a yarn picture.

If they can climb it, they will.

I'm not sure which one this is, but she's digging in my potted plant.

They also like to dig. I've shared that fact before, I think.

My kitty Kokopelle, napping on top of the printer.

Hey, that's not a rat! That's a cat!

I was picking out what rattie photos to share and I could not resist sharing this one also.

Sabine climbing my bathrobe.

I keep my bathrobe hangs on a nail in my wall when I'm not wearing it, and Sabine decided to climb it. Here she's eye level with me, which is about five feet.

Sabine, at the top of the bathrobe!
Isn't she so cute?

Of course I helped her get down safely. Rats generally handle falls amazingly well but that doesn't mean they can't get hurt.

Oh and guess what? Sabine has figured out,

1) How to get to the top of my tall tall dresser, and
2) How to get onto my bed, which had been declared a rat free zone.

Is any place safe from them?

3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Clearly, Sabine is the Einstein of ratties. And as far as Kokopelle is concerned, happiness must be a warm printer.

Toriz said...

A cat and some rats... You have great taste in pets! :)

Sarita Rucker said...

Debra -- Sabine definitely is good at getting herself into trouble climbing things.

Toriz -- Three cats actually, though only Kokopelle is mine. The oldest is Socks, and he was bought for me when I was little but he's really more my mom's cat now. And the other cat is a little Siamese named Saphira, who follows my dad around and thinks she owns him.