Monday, October 24, 2011

That darned rat (and those darned cats)

Last evening I was letting the rats run lose in my bedroom as usual, and was only vaguely keeping an eye on them. I knew approximately where they were in my room, but most of my attention was on my book (Mansfield Park by Jane Austen). I knew that Sabine was in one of her favorite hidey holes, and that Beka was wandering in the approximate location of my altar. Situation normal.

After a little while Beka came running back to me, and I then heard her chewing on something. It took me a few seconds to realize that it wasn't just her usual bruxing, and that she actually had found something to eat. On investigation, this is what I found:

Beka, with her contraband acorn

Beka had an acorn.

This was an acorn that I had found a few days ago under the car port. I was rather surprised at finding it there, because even though we do have an oak tree (at the opposite end of the yard) it doesn't produce acorns. There are other older oaks in our neighborhood, but they're further away.

So, what did I do with the acorn? I picked it up and randomly put it on my altar.

Then Beka stole this acorn off of my altar, and ran back to me with it before eating it.

The nerve of that girl!

The good thing is that the acorn wasn't an offering. *sigh* I guess I'll have to be careful about offerings in the future... And yes, I did eventually allow her to keep the acorn.

And then the cats today...

Kokopelle, lying on top of my psych book

Kokopelle decided to help me study. Unfortunately I was too soft hearted to remove him from my book, so I was utterly at his mercy.

Socks, between me and my psych book

Then later Socks decided that he also wanted to help! And unlike Kokopelle he was actually purring, so even though he didn't lie on top of my book it was almost even worse.

Those rats and cats. And the things they do.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that Beka also grabbed my pentacle pendant that happened to be on my altar (she also likes to chew on it when I'm wearing it) and dropped it off the edge of my altar, and then she tried to run off with one of my runes.

Maybe she's a Pagan rat?

5 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Great photos! Oh, those rascals!

Toriz said...

LOL! But you love them, and how can you resist their cuteness? ;)

Yeah, maybe she's trying to tell you she's a Pagan rat. ;)

Toriz said...

Just thought I'd let you know that I gave you an award; because I like you, and the effort you put in to making sure your blog was accessable to people like me!

Sarita Rucker said...

I only just found that you left me this comment. Thank you!!! :)

Sunshineshelle said...

Bekka is definitely not a sharing girl! Love your pics esp Kokopelle, lying on top of your psych book, fantastic eye out of a solid black mass very graphic!