Thursday, November 17, 2011

Oh, wow... ♥

I used to closely identify with the song "On My Own" from Les Misérables. For those who are unfamiliar with the song, or for those whose memories need refreshing, or for those who simply want to hear an awesome song one more time, here it is:



As of a couple weeks ago the song stopped fitting me. I'm not sure what my new "theme song" is, but I can tell you that I've been eating up quotes such as the following...

"When love is not madness it is not love." -- Pedro Caldrón de la Barca

"Who, being loved, is poor?" -- Oscar Wilde

"Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired." -- Robert Frost

"A profound love between two people involves, after all, the power and chance of doing profound hurt. It would never have occurred to me before that night that I could hurt Estraven." -- Ursula K. Le Guin

"If I had a flower for every time I thought of you...I could walk through my garden forever." -- Alfred Lord Tennyson

"There is never a time or place for true love. It happens accidentally, in a heartbeat, in a single flashing, throbbing moment." -- Sarah Dessen

"Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own." -- Robert A. Heinlein


2 comments:

Judy said...

Most of the songs in LesMiserables are good...Glad you've move on from using this as a theme song though...

Sarita Rucker said...

It was my "theme song" simply because it fit for so many years. I still love it, but I'm glad that it's not such a good fit anymore. :)