Sunday, November 6, 2011

This and that

It's been a while since I've written, hasn't it? Relatively speaking, anyways. I don't really have one particular thing to talk about in this post, so I think it'll be a little random.

...

My Samhain (October 31st) was pretty good. I donated blood, then my boyfriend took me to an Irish Pub for some corned beef. He figured that it was the best thing for a person who had just donated blood, and I wasn't going to argue. He also brought me homemade brownies. Yummm.

I did wind up going to school on Samhain because I had some business I needed to attend to on campus anyways, and I figured that while I was there I may as well attend class. I also didn't have to work that day (which I hadn't been sure whether I would be required to work when I first told the professor that I wouldn't be there) so I had most of the day to do with as I pleased.

Oh, and I dressed up as a kitty. :)

...

About my job. Um, well, I am officially unemployed again. I failed to make quota in my canvassing job and was let go.

Oh well. Back to the job hunt!

...

About donating blood...

My overall health hasn't been too great in the last year, even though I haven't exactly been sick with anything in particular for the most part. I have, generally speaking, felt too queasy to donate. So this was my first time to donate since June 2010.

I cannot say how happy I was to donate again.

In the past I've tended to write posts all about why it's important to donate blood, but this time I think I'll just share a video that I first shared a couple years ago about a girl who depends on blood donations.




If this makes you want to donate (which I hope it does!) you can check out this link: http://www.redcross.org/donate/give/

3 comments:

Toriz said...

Kitty costumes are always a good plan, I think! :)

Sorry to hear you're officially unemployed again. :(

I don't donate blood, but not because I don't want to. I'm severely anemic; to the point where if I don't have my iron tablets regularly I end up very ill. The only reason I've escaped going in for a blood transfusion is that I flattly refused to go in for it, and when they gave me a week of drastically increased iron ttablets - stating that they were my last chance, and if my blood work wasn't better after that week I was going in, even if they had to physically drag me - they thankfully worked enough to keep me out of hospital. But since I can't go without the tablets, they wont accept me for blood donations. I know, because I was going to go with my Dad, but in the forms you have to fill in it mentions that you aren't allowed to donate if you have anything like anemia. I'd be happy to donate if I was allowed to; I like helping people, and I have no issues with needles. But unless by some miracle I can stay off these iron tablets for long enough without being in danger of needing a transfusion myself, then I'm afraid it's not happening. *Looks sad* Good for you for doing so though!

Magaly Guerrero said...

Hope we see a pic of the kitty.

That blows about the job, I pray you find something else soon.

Mm, brownies ;-)

Sarita Rucker said...

Toriz -- Ouch, that sucks. Certain members of my family also can't donate due to medical reasons. Take care of yourself though, even if that means not donating blood.

Magaly -- I won't be putting those photos on my blog, but you can see the costume on FB. Prayers are definitely appreciated. :) And yes, the brownies were yummy. I'm lucky enough to be dating a kitchen witch, so all his cooking is great! Well, except for the guacamole that was too spicy...