Thursday, December 1, 2011

Coffee as beauty treatment

I recently read 20 unusual uses for coffee, and one of them was the suggestion that it be used on hair to make it more shiny.

My first thought was "Hey, I should try that!"

A later thought was "Hey, my most popular blog post is about my hair, so maybe I should blog about the results!"

I applied coffee to my hair Tuesday evening, and I am here to tell you about the results. But first, let me tell you what kind of coffee and how long I left it in.

The coffee packaging

I used extra strength of the Senseo Kenya Blend. Once I brewed it up I stuck it in the freezer to cool off. The instructions said to let it cool before application, and anyways the thought of putting scalding coffee anywhere near my scalp isn't very appealing somehow.

Once it cooled off I put it on my clean and dry hair (the instructions also said that the hair needed to be clean and dry) and then wrapped it all up in a towel.

I was supposed to let it set for twenty minutes before rinsing out but I left it in for an hour. Why? Because a certain someone decided to take a shower, and since I didn't want to rinse my hair out in the sink I decided to wait until he was through.

And now, for the results...

...which is that I can't see any difference in my hair. I can definitely smell a difference (oh yeah!) but it looks the same as ever.

I probably won't put coffee in my hair again unless I'm trying to seduce a certain guy who's a caffeine addict. And probably not even then, because I can think of equally interesting and less troublesome ways to seduce him.

4 comments:

Toriz said...

Well, with you saying there's no difference I'm definately not going to do it... Mind you, I probably wouldn't have done it anyway, because I don't think much of the smell of coffee. Yeah, I'll leave the coffee for hubby to drink, I think! ;)

Sarita Rucker said...

I loooove the smell of coffee (although I can't stand to drink it without lots of cream).

Magaly Guerrero said...

Maybe you need more than one application? I've used coffee as a face scrub and it works wonderfully, and yes, it smells yummy, too ;-)

Sarita Rucker said...

Huh, maybe more than one application would do the trick, but I'm not feeling motivated enough to try it.

And how do you use it as a face scrub? Now I want to try that. :)