Monday, December 5, 2011

My first diary

Last night, while I had my rats out playing, I read through my first diary. I'd had no idea that my writings from 1999 to 2002 would say so much about me. The topics I mentioned the most were books (English major! Bwahaha!), music, friends, family (especially Tall One -- and I particularly tended to mention it when he got sick and threw up), swing sets, and Girl Scouts. I also spent quite a bit of time towards the end of my diary talking about a crush on a fictional character.

Some of what I read made me laugh, including the following two entries. Don't worry, I'll spare you the bad spelling. I'll also provide editorial comments so you can have details that I neglected to mention. :)

1-29-2000

Something I forgot to say yesterday was that we [mom, Tall One, and me] ate lunch at McDonalds, we were feeding European starlings. Mom found this out on accident, we could feed them right out of our hands! [We had gone through drive through and were eating in the parking lot. She'd had her hand out the car window with a French fry in it for some reason, and a starling stole it from her. So we started feeding them that way.] It was so fun!

Oh, and I spent the night at K*****'s, even though I was grounded. [Mom forgot that she'd grounded me so she gave me permission to hang out my friend.] [Don't ask why I was grounded. I can't remember.]

3-18-02

Note to remember: don't bother to tell brothers you love them 'cause they'll throw something at you.

2 comments:

Toriz said...

I don't have any of my old diaries any more; I shredded them when I lost my sight figuring if I couldn't read them any more then nobody was going to (I knew I had some entries I'd rather people didn't see).

Sarita Rucker said...

On one hand I can understand why people would destroy their diaries, and yet it always seems strange to me. I can definitely relate to not wanting people to see certain entries, though.