Thursday, December 15, 2011

Voice control fun

So, Tall One and I started having fun with the voice control thingy, called Siri, on our iPhones last night. And I decided to ask my iPhone some theological questions.

Me: Are you religious?
Siri: No comment.
Me: Do you go to church?
Siri: I found 10 churches...


Siri decided to change the topic by telling me where to find my local churches. I have blacked out the locations it gave, by the way.

Me: What is the answer to life, the universe, and everything?
Siri: All evidence to date suggests it's chocolate.

I'd been hoping it would say 42. *pout* Still, chocolate isn't a bad answer. ;)

Me: Are you spiritual?
Siri: We were talking about you, not me.


The darned thing keeps telling me that.

Me: What is the meaning of life, the universe, and everything?
Siri: Try and be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in, and try to live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations.

Me: Merry Christmas!
Siri: Happy holiday!
Me: Happy Hanukkah!
Siri: Happy holiday!
Me: Happy Kwanzaa!
Siri: I don't know what you mean by 'Happy Kwanza'.


I refrain from comment.

Me: Is Lord of the Rings better than Harry Potter?
Siri: I eschew theological disquisition.

I fail to see how this is theological disquisition, but ok...

Me: What is the answer to life, the universe, and everything?
Siri: Life: the condition that distinguishes animals and plants from inorganic matter, including the capacity for growth, reproduction, functional activity, and continual change preceding death.
Awesome thing is that it'll give different answers to the same questions. :)

I have more fun stories about Siri coming soon!

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Oh, that's funny! Pretty smart for an iPhone!

Toriz said...

That phone's smarter than many people... I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing though. ;)