Friday, January 13, 2012

Buy LOTS of GS cookies!!!

I vote that we should all buy double the Girl Scout cookies that we normally do. Why? In response to the following video.



(Unfortunately, the video seems to be cut short and I can't find one now that doesn't end mid sentence. Huh.)

I used to be a Girl Scout. There are some things about the organization that I did not like, but hearing that they welcome transgender girls make me proud to have been a Girl Scout.

I wish that the young woman in the above video understood that transgendered girls are in fact female, just the same as she is. And I think that we should all buy more Girl Scout cookies than we normally would this year to counteract those who will follow her lead and boycott the cookies.

Last, I'd like to say that I like the following video response:

4 comments:

Ms Lilypads said...

Yeah, I'll have to buy GSA cookies, too. I think the managers of a local pagan store will get some unopened boxes of cookies they didn't expect.

Toriz said...

If they're living as girls, let them be in girl scouts. And why should everyone know if they're trans gender or not? I bet she'd be quick enough to complain if as part of joining GS she'd been required to provide proof of her gender!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

The young woman who made the 2nd video rocks -- a true Girl Scout! Buy lots of cookies, everyone! The Girl Scouts should not be a haven for bullies.

Sarita Rucker said...

Ms. Lilypads -- I'm sure they'll be very happy to get GS cookies. :)

Toriz -- Bwahaha! Imagine if she *had* been required to provide proof of gender!

Debra -- Yeah, she definitely rocks.