Sunday, January 1, 2012

My day

This post will not be well written or well edited. Probably because I'm overexcited about my new job, and I'm tired and want to get to bed relatively soon.

So...

I woke up today with no real TMD pain to speak of, which is unusual. (TMD: a problem with the jaw joints that involves muscle pain/aches and sometimes pain in the jaw joints. Not fun.) I think it has something to do with the sake I drank last night.

Sake diluted with ginger ale is yummy...

Today was my first day at my new job, so I took off mid-morning to catch the bus with a coffee in my hand.

Funny thing, I met an interesting guy at one of my bus stops. When we got to talking he asked if I'm single and where I'm from. There was a slightly awkward silence after I told him that I've got a boyfriend, and he wouldn't believe at first that my "accent" is a speech disorder. I'm not sure if he really believes that it's due to me falling on my head when I was young (which I did) or if he just gave up arguing.

The number one question I am asked: What is my accent?

The number two question I am asked: What high school do I attend? (Some people think I look 16...which could get interesting since I'm dating a man twice my age.)

Anyways...

Work went well. I like the job, and I like my coworkers. I only worked a half day today, but tomorrow I'll be working a full day, starting at 8am. That should be interesting, since I'm not really a morning person. I see lots of caffeine in my future.

However, my work schedule is subject to change after the next week or so...and I could wind up working nights. So, who knows? This night owl might become nocturnal. We'll have to wait and see.

After work mom, Tall One, and I did some geocaching, and then we went out to dinner with dad to celebrate me having a new job.

All in all, a good first day of the new calendar year. :)

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Good luck with your new job! I hope 2012 is a wonderful year for you -- lots of new things and people in your life already!

Toriz said...

Awesome! I hope the rest of the year is great for you too! :)