Wednesday, January 25, 2012

This and that

I haven't been blogging much, and I haven't been reading other blogs lately either. Hopefully that'll change soon.

It's taking me a little while to adjust to having a full time job! It's great, and not just because I like my paycheck. But it will take a little getting used to.

And while I'm getting used to it, I don't think I can juggle it and school. So a couple weeks ago I e-mailed my adviser telling her that I'm dropping out for one term, but that I'll be back this spring. And I had better have gotten used to working 40 hours a week by then, because I'm not taking off two terms in a row.

Speaking of school...

My mom is talking about going back to school. Specifically, she's talking about doing the MBA program at my university. And Murray is also talking about going to grad school. Guess what program and what university? Yeah, MBA, and our university where we first met.

It might be interesting if my mom and boyfriend are enrolled in the same program, especially if they're taking classes together.

5 comments:

Magaly Guerrero said...

The demands of a full time job and full time college schedule can be too much. Have you thought about going to school part time? Even just one class? I think I'm just thinking of me, I feel a bit out of sorts when I'm not going to school at all, so feel free to ignore me.

Oh, and the idea of your mom and boyfriend taking the same class sound, um... interesting. It it happens, you better share the dirt!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Yes, it's very hard to work full-time and go to school full-time. Magaly is right. One or the other needs to be part-time. Especially if you want to have any kind of time left over for a relationship or other interests in life.

Toriz said...

Good luck with juggling your work and school schedule!

Yes; your Mom and boyfriend being in the same class would be interesting.

Sarita Rucker said...

Wait, I never said that I was going to school full time! I've been going part time for a while in anticipation of getting a full time job.

And yes, if there's any dirt I can share if those two wind up taking classes together it will get shared.

Travis Erwin said...

I too go in cycles where I blog more and read other blogs but life does get in the way at times.