Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Well...

Books are like candy. (Actually Murray says they're like crack for me...) And yet they're not like candy because with candy you eat it and then it's gone. With books you get a hold of them...and then you can enjoy them for the rest of your life.

So working in a library is like working in a candy shop. Except that I don't have to pay for any candy that I want to take home.

I'm amazed that I've only checked out four books so far, and noted down two (or three?) more titles to take a look at later. I've shown remarkable restraint. But then again I've gotten to where I sometimes (often?) don't even see the title of whatever book I'm handling.

By the way, I'm not sure how much blogging I'll be doing in the near future. Having a full time job will take some getting used to. I don't have much energy when I get home. (Although I might have more energy when I finally learn not to stay up until midnight or so when I have to catch the bus at 6:30am...or perhaps if my work hours change to a graveyard shift.) Plus I'll have my two classes starting next week, which will keep me even more busy.

Tomorrow is my Friday. I think that on Friday (the real one, not the one I have to work) I'll be catching up on sleep.

(Yes I know I'm using way too many parentheses, but I'm too tired to edit them out.)

6 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Yes, sometimes living real life must take precedence over blogging! Get some sleep, my girl. See you round the blogosphere when you have a moment, eh?

Judy said...

You made me smile...good luck on your new job...

Toriz said...

Real life is more important; concentrate on that, and when you have time to stop by and visit the blogs we - and the blogs themselves - will be here waiting! :)

Willow Silverhorse said...

Hey girlie! I got tagged in a game, and tagged you in return! Check out http://motherearthsarms.wordpress.com/2012/01/08/ive-been-tagged/ for more info!

Magaly Guerrero said...

Great luck in your job, my dear.

I'm addicted to reading, too. I've always been and I refuse to give it up!

Sarita Rucker said...

Willow -- Thanks! I don't know when I'll get to participate, but I'll have to take a look at it. :)

Magaly -- There's no reason to give it up!