Monday, February 13, 2012

How potentially embarrassing

I created an e-mail account for grandma (so that I could create a Facebook page for her so that relatives/friends can keep up with her) which I set up so that I would get the e-mails on my iPhone. Unfortunately it's also set up so that I can send e-mails from that account on my iPhone... And I have given the the password to my mom.

Why is this potentially embarrassing? I sent a very personal e-mail to my boyfriend (DON'T ASK) and because I had just been looking one of Facebook's many e-mails to my grandma (Facebook thinks that because that account gets used only rarely that it needs to send her notifications about things like me updating my status) on my iPhone it decided to send it from her account. And he responded, not seeming to realize that it wasn't from my regular e-mail addy. So if mom had decided to check in on that e-mail account yesterday (unlikely) she could potentially have stumbled across our private e-mail conversation without realizing what it was. I don't know who would have been more embarrassed.

I deleted that e-mail conversation (which was probably unnecessary since I told mom about this and she has no desire to read any personal e-mails between my boyfriend and me) and will be more careful in the future.

Whew.

(And I knew I'm using parentheses way too much. It's a mark of the fact that I don't have much time to edit, and/or that this isn't a good writing day for me.)

5 comments:

Magaly Guerrero said...

You are a lucky, lucky, lucky little love. I see how an email of the sort would have the power to set your face on blushing flames ;-)

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Major oops! Hahahahahaha!

Sarita Rucker said...

Magaly -- Yes, definitely. However, it would probably have been even more embarrassing for my mom, and then my boyfriend when he found out.

Debra -- Yes!

Toriz said...

I agree; potentially embarrassing indeed! I hope it never happens again and your conversations that should be private can remain so; for all of your sakes!

Sarita Rucker said...

Agreed.