Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Moving out

Finally finally finally FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, did I get a little overenthusiastic? Gee, I wonder why...

I've managed to save up a bit of money since starting my first full time job this year, and started looking for apartments earlier this month.

I looked at one place on my birthday, but wound up in a bad mood as a result. It turns out that I don't like it when someone tries to talk me into getting an apartment on the spot that I'm not so certain about.

The second place was a little on the expensive side.

The third place just didn't feel right.

But the fourth place...I liked it. The manager told me that she'd hold it for me until noon the next day so that I could think about it. But I didn't even have to think about it that long, and decided after a couple of hours that I wanted it.

Before anyone with a good memory points out this fact...yes, it is true that my job is a temporary one. What I'm hoping is that I'll be able to get another job lined up after this one ends. And if I don't...well, the lease on this place is by the month, so it's not like I'd have to break a lease. Although moving back in with my parents would be very annoying, to put it extremely mildly, after finally living on my own.

More details to come.

3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Hey, BIG news! Congrats! Best wishes to you in your new place -- I assume you're moving in to it on April 1st?

Toriz said...

Congrats; I hope you're very happy in your very own place, and that you do manage to get a new job once the temporary position is over so that you can keep your new place!

Kaitlin Hogan said...

congrats! http://typicalcollegegirlkh.blogspot.com/