Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Female stuff

Warning: This post may gross out a few people of the opposite gender. It's a topic I generally don't talk about publicly, but then again, it's about something that's normal and happens to almost every woman, so why not?

I woke up this morning with a back ache, constipated, and queasy. Which admittedly I've been queasy for most of the past couple months, so I guess it isn't due to my period. I'm also feeling really sluggish. Oh, and I've got cramps.

What do I want today? I want a day to just focus on myself. I want to be able to read, maybe write (oh wait, I am doing that), and not have to do anything. I know it used to be that way in some cultures, when a woman was in her period. And not always because the menstrual cycle was considered unclean. Some do consider it to be a very sacred thing, and something to be celebrated.

But it doesn't always feel very sacred when it hurts, and when I have things to do. Such as homework and packing.

I guess I'll see what I can do to prepare for moving day Monday, and get some homework done. Then maybe I'll light some candles on my altar and enjoy some aromatherapy. Maybe eucalyptus and mint.

Do you ever wish that you could just take a day for yourself when you start your period? What would you do with that day?

3 comments:

Toriz said...

Absolutely!

I'm thinking aromatherapy and a good book would be a perfect way to spend the day... Maybe some chocolate too? *Looks hopeful*

Sarita Rucker said...

Chocolate, yum...

Sarita Rucker said...

Chocolate, yum...