Friday, April 20, 2012

Sickening. Just sickening.

Two days ago I went to my doctor for a physical exam. During my appointment I told her that I've been queasy almost constantly for the past couple months. She thought that it might be stomach acid reflux and prescribed a medication accordingly.

I took the medication yesterday morning, but in the late afternoon I started feeling bad. First I was just mildly nauseous and had a headache. It got gradually worse when I got off work and eventually I thought I was going to throw up. I was actually kneeling in front of my toilet trying to hold it back. I'd had no idea it was possible to come that close to throwing up without doing so.

As a result I stayed home sick today, and called a nurse at Kaiser to find out if there was a connection between my illness and the new medication. And yes, side effects are headache and nausea. So in an effort to make my near constant queasiness go away my doctor gave me a medication that made me almost throw up.

The irony is sickening.

And yes, I wrote this post just so that I could write that horrible pun.

3 comments:

Toriz said...

I'm laughing about the irony, but it's so not funny about you feeling so unwell. Hope you're feeling better soon! *Hugs*

Have you tried a herbal option? Mint is meant to settle the stomach, for example.

Emily Twist said...

I used to have issues like that. I've found that candied ginger really helps.

Sarita Rucker said...

Toriz -- I was hoping to make someone laugh! I'd forgotten about the mint.

Emily -- I've never had candied ginger. Hmm...